1968 Seeley MK2 Chassis with highly tuned Norton Commando motor. Commissioned by Dan Rose and Rev’It Leathers, the bike that spurred 5 film shoots for Cafe Racer TV and featured in the BikeExif 2013 Calendar. There were no comprimises in the build of this bike, and it is a testament to elegance and performance/form and function, in one machine.
NYC Norton was proud to do up this bike for Dan and Rev’It, and even prouder to see it win Daytona 2011 with Maria Costello on board.
This bike is the obvious sibling to our own NYC Norton Championship-winning Seeley 750 Commando.
NYC Norton builds Seeley Nortons to order. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org
Key build components include:
- 1968-spec Seeley MK2 Chassis built by Roger Titchmarsh for Minnovation Racing
- JS Motorsports Lightweight Long Rod/Raised Piston Pin setup
- JS Motorsports Stage 2 Radius cam, lightweight lifters and beehive valve springs
- Reinforced Maney Crankcases, Crankshaft, Cylinder Barrels, and Exhaust
- Fullauto Cylinder Head with larger inlet valves and porting
- TT Industries Close-Ratio 6-speed Magnesium Gearbox
- Hemmings Norvil Disk Brakes, AP Racing Calipers, Brembo Master Cylinders
- Cosentino Engineering Fork Internals
- Triumph 4-Bolt Rear Hub with Maney Cush, Minnovation disk and custom sprockets
- Minnovation Kirby Fairing
- Dunlop KR825 front and KR164 rear tires
Dan Rose and Rev’It have done up a stunningly beautiful web page and timeline of the entire build and tuning process, chock full of info. See it by clicking here